Monday, April 4, 2011

Play That Rock'n'Roll - Episode 3: "Top 5 Sell-Outs of the 1980's"

Original release: March 26th, 2011.

Episode 3 of "Play That Rock'n'Roll" is a video essay analyzing and critiquing the "Top 5" artists that "sold-out" in the 1980's. "Selling out" meaning "abandoning one form of music to make another form in order to simply achieve pop success".

Update (01.02.17): Given how many factual errors, bad takes, lame jokes, and editing mistakes I managed to cram into this one episode, this disaster of video was also a failed attempt to direct Play That Rock'n'Roll into more of an "editorial" sort of series. Since the show has not gone in that direction, and I've had numerous copyright issues with this one, I will not be re-uploading it. It's a terrible, boring video -- the only one to date I am not proud of, so this one will stay offline. Trust me, you're not missing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment